Hardwood Floors Care Tips:
* Dust daily with a microfiber mop or swifter.
* Vacuum weekly with a soft-bristled floor-brush attachment.
* Damp-mop once per month with a neutral hardwood floor cleaner.
Maintaining Hardwood Floors:
* Follow the above regular cleaning routine.
* Polish your hardwood floors every three – four months if it has a surface finish. This will remove the embedded dirt and grime that mopping can’t remove from it’s floor finish.
* Take advantage of window coverings to protect your hardwood floors from heat and powerful UV rays from the sun.
* Re-coat the surface of your hardwood floors every three to five years with a new coat of polyurethane.
Ways To Prevent Hardwood Floor Damage:
* Always clean up spills immediately to help prevent permanent stains.
* Use a matting system at all entrances.
* Use soft furniture sliders when moving furniture.
* Avoid walking across the floor in high heeled shoes or cleats
* Keep nails and claws trimmed on pets.